Benefits of Membership
- Pet is insured through mvPTa for $2,000,000
- mvPTa identification badges
- Quarterly newsletter
- Mentorship program for pet therapy teams
- Education seminars
- Over 100 facilities with information listed in the Membership Facility Guide
To Become a Pet Therapy Team
- Successfully complete the Pet Therapy Training Course
- Must be able and willing to meet the volunteer requirements of the facilities
- Ensure that their pet is in good health and submit a veterinarian check every six (6) months.
- Pet therapy teams are required to provide a minimum of twelve (12) visit hours per year.
- Therapy pet handlers should complete four (4) hours of service with mvPTa per year. These hours may be achieved by working at mvPTa functions, activities, events, or committees.
- Teams are required to re-certify annually if the 12 hour visit requirement is not fulfilled.
- All teams re-certify every two years by being observed on a visit.
- All members must submit activity/visit logs every year.
Click here for class information
Miami Valley Pet Therapy Association
P.O. Box 675
Troy, OH 45373